Learn your treatment options.
Learn your treatment options.
Vaginal rejuvenation has grown in popularity in recent years, and it is considered part of the field of aesthetic gynecology. In most cases the procedures are performed for cosmetic reasons and to improve sensation during sex.
The term vaginal rejuvenation encompasses several different procedures that enhance the function or appearance of the vagina. Vaginal rejuvenation treatments may be surgical or nonsurgical. The procedures are designed to improve sexual function and/or the appearance of the inner or outer vagina.
Vaginal rejuvenation has grown in popularity in recent years, and it is considered part of the field of aesthetic gynecology. In most cases the procedures are performed for cosmetic reasons and to improve sensation during sex. There is a high satisfaction rate after the procedures, and very low complication rates.
In many cases vaginal rejuvenation can provide relief from symptoms that appear after childbirth, from hormonal imbalances, as the result of the natural aging process or from physical trauma.
There is a wide range of procedures that are classified under the term vaginal rejuvenation.
Non-surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
These are some common nonsurgical methods for vaginal rejuvenation.
- Labia Augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid Fillers, also known as labia puffing, use dermal fillers to counteract vaginal wrinkling and sagging.
- O-Shot stimulates blood flow to the clitoris and vaginal walls to increase sexual sensitivity. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is injected to stimulate cell growth in the vaginal area.
- G-Shot is an injection designed to enhance pleasure. A hyaluronic acid injection to the G-Spot intensifies sexual gratification.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation with Laser Energy/Radiofrequency can help with urinary incontinence, increase sexual pleasure and improve vaginal dryness when the vagina becomes loose due to aging. The noninvasive procedure uses laser energy or radiofrequency to enhance the appearance of the vagina and improve bladder control, moisture and other functions.
Surgical Vaginal Rejuvenation
There are several surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures for the inner and outer vagina.
Inner Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Vaginoplasty surgery tightens the vaginal canal what it becomes loose after childbirth or from the normal aging process.
- Perineoplasty surgery repairs the area of skin that is often injured from an episiotomy or from tearing during childbirth.
- Hymenoplsty or “revirginization” is designed to reconstruct the hymen. The procedure is often sought by women from cultures that place a very high value on a woman’s virginity before marriage.
Outer Vaginal Rejuvenation
- Labiaplasty is performed on the inner lips of the volva. The procedure is one of the most popular vaginal rejuvenation techniques where extra tissue is trimmed away to relieve discomfort and improve the appearance of the genitalia.
- Labia Augmentation with a Fat Transfer or labia puffing is used to create a more youthful look by enhancing the labia. The procedure harvests fat from another area of the body and then injects the fat evenly to combat sagging skin and wrinkling.
- Clitoral Hood Reduction is commonly performed along with a labiaplasty where the clitoral hood is reduced in size for enhanced sexual pleasure.
- Monsplasty, also referred to as a “pubic lift,” is a surgical procedure to reduce the mound of skin in the pubic area. It is commonly performed on patients who have lost weight.