Learn your treatment options.
Learn your treatment options.
When you notice lines running from the bottom of your chin to the bottom of your neck, you have neck bands. Neck bands appear as the result of gradual wear and tear of platysma muscles over the years.
If you are unhappy with your appearance because of unattractive neck bands, both noninvasive and surgical options can give your neck a more youthful look. When you meet with Dr. Cho at Integrated Aesthetics you can discuss your concerns and he will recommend a treatment plan for your situation.
Neck bands form when the platysmal muscles in your neck start to wear as the result of aging. Noninvasive treatments such as radiofrequency procedures combined with microneedling or liposuction may help, as well as injectables, dermal fillers, ultrasound and laser resurfacing. A surgical neck lift may provide more effective and longer lasting results.
When you notice lines running from the bottom of your chin to the bottom of your neck, you have neck bands. Neck bands appear as the result of gradual wear and tear of platysma muscles over the years. The lines or neck bands are the edges of those muscles.
There are some at-home remedies you can try to prevent neck bands. Smoking is considered a cause of premature aging, and some people use retinoids creams and moisturizers. Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent neck lines and wrinkles. When common sense preventive measures do not work to prevent your neck bands, you can meet with Dr. Cho to discuss more effective treatment options.
If you are not ready for surgery to improve your neck bands, Dr. Cho can perform nonsurgical neck lift procedures tailored to your needs.
Non-surgical neck lifts are a combination of customized procedures to treat your unique situation.
- Radiofrequency devices deliver radiofrequency energy beneath the surface of the skin. The procedure heats collagen layers, resulting in tightening of the skin. Radiofrequency can be combined with microneedling.
- FaceTite is an FDA-approved Radiofrequency-Assisted Liposuction (RFAL) procedure that heats up and gently removes fatty areas. The device heats the lower layers of the skin and stimulates the body’s natural healing process to produce skin-firming collagen and reduce the signs of aging.
- Ultherapy uses ultrasound to treat loose skin by harnessing the body’s own healing response and gradually restore memory to the skin and its underlying tissue. The Ultherapy device directs sound waves deep under the skin to lift and tighten loose skin without cutting the surface.
- Kybella is a non-surgical, FDA-approved treatment that causes the destruction of fat cells through injections. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After you realize the desired result you will not need more Kybella treatments.
- Laser resurfacing can be used for a “laser neck lift” that tightens your tissues with CO2 lasers. The treatment leads to skin contraction and new collagen growth and is considered effective for skin laxity.
- Botox and other injectables are used off-label for vertical neck bands to quiet muscle movement and relax downward motion of the neck muscle.
- Injectable dermal fillers like Radiesse, Sculptra, Restylane and Juvederm may help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, restore lost volume to your neck skin and induce collagen growth.
Neck band surgery is designed to treat the vertical bands in your neck that often appear with age. The procedure brings your neck muscle edges together and secures them with stitches to create a smoother appearance. A neck lift can give you a more defined jawline and a smooth looking neck. A good candidate for a neck lift may have lax skin and fat on the neck, but relatively good skin tone. You may need complementary procedures to address a loss of skin laxity, or a double chin.
A surgical neck lift can remove excess skin, tighten the muscles in your neck and reposition tissues for a smoother, more youthful look. For permanent fat reduction in the neck area, liposuction is performed under general or local anesthesia.