Learn your treatment options.
Learn your treatment options.
There is a wide array of body contouring treatment options. Dr. Cho will recommend the best procedures to treat your individual concerns.
When excess fat becomes a concern that does not disappear with a healthy diet and adequate exercise, there are cosmetic body contouring procedures that can eliminate unwanted fat and help you look your best. Men are more likely to store fat in their midsection, while women are more likely to store fat in their buttocks, hips and thighs.
Body contouring procedures are typically considered by people who lead a healthy lifestyle through a proper diet and exercise, but need some help getting rid of stubborn areas of body fat. There are a number of surgical and nonsurgical options that can help. Dr. Cho at Integrated Aesthetics can evaluate your situation and recommend the right treatments for you to produce a more contoured body and meet your aesthetic goals.
A poor diet, consuming too much alcohol, a lack of exercise and poor sleep habits can contribute to weight gain and excess fat. The stress hormone cortisol can impact your metabolism and cause your body to retain excess fat. It is thought that poor sleep quality and a short duration can play a part, as well as a genetic predisposition.
People who are concerned with the appearance of their body can improve their diet by avoiding fatty foods, refined carbohydrates and sugar as well as alcoholic drinks which may contain sugar. Aerobic exercise and strength training can help. Avoiding smoking, improving your sleep habits and reducing stress are all preventive measures to avoid excess body fat.
The best candidates for body contouring procedures have a healthy lifestyle including a good diet and enough exercise, but need help getting rid of stubborn pockets of fat through surgical or nonsurgical procedures.
There is a wide array of body contouring treatment options. Dr. Cho will recommend the best procedures to treat your individual concerns. These are a few of the more popular body contouring methods:
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction will emulsify fat using ultrasound energy before it is suctioned out for easier removal.
- Laser Assisted Liposuction melts fatty tissue with laser energy for easier removal. The technique offers skin retraction to benefit patients with mild skin elasticity concerns.
- Radiofrequency Assisted Liposuction or RFAL methods like BodyTite removes unwanted fat deposits and tightens the skin to improve body contours.
- Tumescent Liposuction removes unwanted fat with local anesthesia by infiltrating the treatment area with tumescent fluid.
Non-surgical Body Contouring
- CoolSculpting destroys fat cells by freezing stubborn fat deposits on the hips, thighs and stomach.
- Emsculpt uses high-intensity electromagnetic waves to stimulate muscle contractions for muscle building.
- Mesotherapy is achieved by an injection of a solution that dissolves fat.
- Zerona uses lasers to reduce fat.